Keep out of reach of children
When storing your hearing aid batteries it is important to consider two factors; most importantly, protecting your loved ones from harm; and secondly, avoiding damaging your hearing aid batteries.
In the United States alone, over 3,500 people swallow button batteries each year. Therefore, it is important to take precautions to ensure both you and your loved ones don’t fall victim to hearing aid battery ingestion.
Remember to keep your hearing aid batteries out of sight and out of reach of children and pets to prevent them being swallowed. This could be in a raised cabinet, or a cupboard locked with a key or child-locking mechanism. If you drop a battery then pick it up straight away.
It’s important to consider that curious pets such as dogs have also been known to swallow hearing aid batteries.
If your child has swallowed a hearing aid battery, seek immediate medical. If your pet has swallowed a hearing aid battery it’s advised that you seek veterinary attention as soon as possible.
For more information on battery safety visit:
Our Battery Safety Page